ABOUT THE TRAINER
Alvin Yong, MSc, FCCA, UK, Founder and CEO of Olygen
Alvin Yong is a UK-registered Fellow Chartered and Certified Accountant (FCCA). He obtained his Master of Science in Professional Accountancy (Merit) in 2017 from the University of London.
Alvin started his career with KPMG Singapore as an auditor in 1999, where he was involved in the audit, due diligence and tax of multinational corporations in various industries, including shipping and logistics, industrial manufacturing, medical and healthcare, construction consultancy and investment holdings.
With strong business acumen, Alvin went on to co-found several companies and has been an entrepreneur for more than 12 years. His companies have served clients across the globe, from US, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia to Australia. His current passion is data literacy training as well as innovation and growth consultancy. Alvin enjoys helping his clients understand the stories that their data tells about their business, thus enabling them to make informed, datadriven decisions.
What you will be expecting
There is valuable information hidden in the sea of data. A picture is worth a thousand words – use Excel dashboard to present information visually and beautifully within a single page that allows users to understand what is going on and make business decisions. Excel dashboard reports allow managers to have high-level overview of the business and help them make decisions. Excel is an excellent tool to make powerful dashboards that can provide analysis, insights and alert managers in a timely manner.
A good Excel dashboard is:
• visually appealing for decision makers to understand key information clearly
• highly dynamic, allowing managers to easily dig into your data
• easy to update
By the end of the course, participants will:
• Understand Excel dashboard design principles and fundamentals
• Create dynamic interactive charts
• Understand advanced Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
• Gain visualisation tips and tricks
• Learn how to build stunning and informative Excel dashboards.
• Learn various advanced features in Excel to save time.
• Display key trends, comparisons and data graphically for greater clarity and faster insights
• Learn different chart types to display data in the most meaningful way.
• Learn smart techniques that make charting work fun and productive.
• Create interactive controls that enable users to customise their view
Participants should be comfortable with basic Excel tools and functions. At a minimum, participants should know how to navigate confidently in Excel, create and use simple formulas and link between workbooks
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is crucial for analysts, managers, reporting professionals, business owners, executives, and anyone responsible for preparing Excel based dashboards, scorecards or KPI reports. This training is highly recommended for:
- General Managers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Finance Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Sales Managers
- HR Managers
- Business Owners
- Anyone who deals with business, management and financial reporting
BIGIT CAMPUS’ workshops are niche, exclusive and tailored according to market needs of the host city and address the evolving nature of technological advancement.
Incorporating both quality and quantity into our shows, some attendees have described us to have “a great balance between business networking and knowledge sharing”. Thus, we strive to Build Intelligence Globally in Technology and that makes us truly unique.
Copyright © 2018 – BIGIT Sdn Bhd